Friday, October 17, 2008

It's Friday! So lets take it easy..

Alright, so today I thought I'd take a break from the more hard hitting posts and being that I'm in such a good mood i'll limit my political discussion to just a few small points.

  • Joe "the plumber" is perhaps the best thing to happen in this election season since it began.
  • Real people rarely if ever get onto the political stage, and whenever they do they are picked apart by all the people who try so hard to convince the masses that they are regular people just like "you!"
  • The current debate format doesn't really reveal much about either the candidates or the issues, either the questions need to be tougher, or the moderators need to be tougher.. probably BOTH.
  • I'll be really glad when the election is over. FINI.

Wacko Left-Wing Environmentalism:



Honestly, this video illustrates a point that I will probably be making sometime in the future about the lack of thought that most people give to things that purport to "save the Earth." Al Gore buys carbon credits from his own company so that he can use his big jet to fly all over the world and tell people that they are hurting the environment and that if they want to continue the same standard of living they need to buy credits from him. Oil man T. Boone Pickens, is now advocating huge, wasteful, "green" energy plans, just as he invested millions of dollars into those same companies in an effort to ride the trend. In any event, the herd mentality is clearly on display, and I once again reiterate that on all things, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH!



George Carlin never failed to get me to laugh. I didn't necissarily agree with him on a lot of issues politically but this particular bit has stuck with me over the years. The man for all his faults was a comedy genius and he will be missed.

Showmanship and Class:



This one is a purely fun video that shows one of my favorite renditions of one of my favorite songs. Tony is the definition of a class act, and I love live performances. The video quality is a bit off, but the music definitly makes it worth it. Oh yeah, Diana Krall did well too.. =P

Random Thoughts:
You know and I know,
Friends come and friends go..
Storms rise and winds blow,
But one thing I know for sure..

When it's cold outside,
There's no need to worry cuz,
I'm so warm inside..
You give me peace,
When the storm's outside,
Cuz we're in love I know,
It'll be alright,
Alright it's alright..

Quote of the Entry: When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to seek it elsewhere.
-Francois de La Rochefoucauld (1613 - 1680) French author & moralist

2 comments:

Terra Shield said...

Now I know why you don't buy the global warming issue...

RandomRambler. said...

Mike,
Hello! First and foremost, let me tell you how sorry and ashamed I am to not have been following your posts but it's because of the jetlag I tell you! It's KILLING me, taking away all my life from me, making me an irritating whiner and causing me to suffer from horrible headaches due to which I rarely log in for long enough to read your rather interesting posts. I just read this one and I enjoyed the videos quite a bit.

Oh and as for attending an American college, I'm trying as hard as I possibly can. I've shortlisted a few universities; Purdue, UNC and NC State. I'm trying to gather my recommendations and I'm also working on my essays. SAT I shall be taking this December so let's see how that goes. Do pray for me because I really need it. My parents however are against the idea of sending me abroad because a. it's too expensive especially when you convert a ruppee to a dollar and b. they think the American society will corrupt me and I will either end up marrying a non Muslim or no Muslim will marry me and so sending me abroad will make me too much of a liability on them. I, however, am still continuing with the application process because education in Pakistan isn't all that great and our country really isn't in the best of conditions at the moment especially with the new president Asif Zardari (who btw is known to be quite a cheat and only came into power because of the powerful family he's married into) Alot of people speculate that he's the one who got his wife killed who was an eminent political figurehead in Pakistan. So anyhow, the following few months will be quite an ordeal for me because trying to convince my parents will cause alot of unrest and disturbance in the house. But then again, this is something I am really passionate about. Though I have mentally prepared myself for not getting accepted anywhere in America and studying in a local university and getting married at the age of 20 to a guy who I probably don't know :p

Anyhow, it is nice to know that you find my rather kiddish melodramatic posts entertaining. :) Keep posting and Take care!

RandomRambler.

ps. if there are any good colleges you would recommend then please do!